7 Places That Serve The Best Dosa in Toronto
If you’re someone who believes that ‘dosa’ is not just food; it’s an emotion, then this blog post is perfect for you. Keep reading to find fantastic restaurants that sell the best dosa in Toronto.
We have listed down the top 7 restaurants that sell the best dosa in Toronto.
We can already hear your stomach grumbling. Wait no more! It’s d-d-d-dosa time! Let’s begin.
We review all the dosas based on these three criteria:
- Value for Money
1. South Indian Dosa Mahal
Address: 9 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 2K2, Canada
This place is a bang for your buck! South Indian Dosa Mahal has four branches in Toronto: Bloor, Lansdowne, Queen, and Roncesvalles. This restaurant is one of the authentic restaurants that serve the best dosa in Toronto. If you’re looking for thalis, dosas, or Indian street food, this place is the right option for you.
Dosas at South Indian Dosa Mahal
Dosa is the South Indian Dosa Mahal’s signature dish from South India. It’s a crispy, giant, cylindrical flatbread prepared from a batter of fermented rice and lentils that may be stuffed with meat or vegetables or just dipped in delectable chutneys or curries. The dosas here are gluten-free. Some of their best-sellers are:
- Masala Dosa: A crunchy dosa served with Sambar (Lentil Veggie Stew) and Coconut Chutney, Potato Masala Curry on the side.
- Pizza Dosa: A crispy dosa with stuffings of tomato, onion, coriander, chilies, and cheese. Served with Coconut Chutney and Sambar (Lentil Veggie Stew). Potato masala is also served on the side.
- Dosa Platter: Potato Masala Curry, Eggplant Tomato Curry, Sambar, and Coconut Chutney are served on the side with your choice of Dosa.
Cost: South Indian Dosa Mahal has some of Toronto’s budget-friendly dosas, with prices ranging from $11 to $13.
2. Madras Masala
Address: 796 Bloor St W #1, Toronto, ON M6G 1L7, Canada
If you’re looking for vegan or gluten-free meals, Madras Masala restaurant offers precisely what you need. You get to enjoy dosas as well as a variety of other vegan alternatives. They add a real punch of taste in terms of flavor and texture. The masalas they use also have medicinal properties.
Dosas at Madras Masala
With around 17 varieties of dosas, Madras Masala is one of the leading south-Indian restaurants that serve the best dosa in Toronto. Some of their best-sellers are:
- Special Rava Masala Dosa: Crepe made with cream of wheat and rice, packed with spicy potatoes and onions.
- Ghee Masala Dosa: Ghee-flavored rice crepe that is thin and crunchy.
- Gunpowder Masala Dosa: A crispy dosa with spicy milagai podi with masala.
You also get to choose flavors like spinach, mint, coriander, chicken, mutton, fish, and so much more.
Cost: Dosas at Madras Masala is averagely priced between $9.99 and $15.99.
3. Subiksha Foods
Address: 2633 Eglinton Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1K 2S2, Canada
Located in Scarborough, Subhiksha Foods is a pure vegetarian Indian restaurant that offers various finger-licking dosas. Their motto is to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction and maintain hygiene and cleanliness.
Dosas at Subiksha Foods
Subhiksha Foods serves around 37 varieties of dosas that are scrumptious. This eatery offers everything from basic dosas to exquisite ghee gun powder masala dosas. If you’re a foodie who enjoys trying new kinds of Dosa, this is the place that you should go.
Cost: Dosas at Subhiskha Foods prices range between $6.99 to $11.99
4. Dosa Twist
Address: 7215 Goreway Drive Westwood Square Mall Food Court, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, ON L4T 0B4, Canada
Dosa Twist strives to give the Toronto area a delicious South Indian dining experience. Thanks to their culinary expertise and dedication, they’ve managed to become masters of the craft. You can expect the dosas to be fresh, savory, and simply amazing.
Dosas at Dosa Twist
Dosa Twist offers different varieties of dosas that taste out of this world. You can relish these dosas since they have an authentic touch. Masala Butter Roast and Masala Ghee Roast are their best-sellers. These dosas have spicy potato filling and a crispy rice crepe. They are topped with butter/ghee that adds extra flavor.
Cost: Dosas here are very affordable. The prices range from $4.99 to $8.49.
5. Indian Spice Room
Address: 717 Queen St E Unit 1/2, Toronto, ON M4M 1H1, Canada
Indian Spice Room has 20 years of expertise cooking, serves authentic dishes to its patrons. Their dedicated and caring personnel will make sure you have a wonderful day with them. In their restaurant, they refuse to compromise on quality. They source their ingredients from local farmers’ markets.
Dosas at Indian Spice Room
Indian Spice Room offers more than 15 varieties of Dosas that are exceptional in their taste, making this restaurant one of the best places to serve finger-licking dosas. Some of the guests’ all-time favorites are:
- Mysore Masala Dosa: The authentic traditional Dosa with the spicy potato onion mix and Mysore spices, lentil curry, and coconut chutney
- Butter Paneer Dosa: Crispy Dosa stuffed with butter paneer and served with lentil curry and two chutneys.
- Manchurian Dosa: Manchurian Balls with Hakka Gravy rolled into Crisp Dosa served with Lentil Curry & Two Chutneys.
Cost: Indian Spice Room is averagely priced between $8.99 and $11.99.Trust us, and it’s worth it!
6. Saravanaa Bhavan
Address: 1571 Sandhurst Cir Unit 153, Scarborough, ON M1V 1V2, Canada
Saravanaa Bhavan is a vegetarian restaurant franchise in India recognized for its excellent food, moderate rates, and welcoming staff. Their Toronto location has a menu with over 350 different dishes divided into ten categories – it’s a one-of-a-kind Indian feast.
Dosas at Saravanaa Bhavan
Saravanaa Bhavan is unquestionably one of Toronto’s top Indian restaurants, serving over 25 different versions of the city’s tastiest dosas. From the classic masala dosa to unique concoctions like dry fruit Rava dosa, they have it all. To all the sweet tooths out there, they also have a Chocolate M & M dosa with melted chocolate spread.
Cost: Saravanaa Bhavan is approximately priced between $7.99 and $10.99.
7. Annapurna VEGTN
Address: 1085 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5R 3G8, Canada
Founded in 1974 by Sri Chinmoy, Annapurna is Ontario/ Toronto’s oldest vegetarian restaurant. It was initially located on Pears Ave. Annapurna VEGTN offers a range of South Indian, vegetarian, and vegan cuisines. Embrace yourselves to taste the goodness of dosas here.
Dosas at Annapurna VEGTN
Annapurna VEGTN offers an extensive range of dosas. If you’re looking for gluten-free dosas, then this is the right place for you! Some of their best-sellers are:
- Masala Dosa: Rice and urad lentil crepes stuffed with spicy potato-onion masala and served with coconut chutney and sambar. You’ll be amazed to know that this Dosa is gluten-free and vegan.
- Egg Dosa: Dosa with two eggs, fresh coriander, tamarind chutney, and sambar, cooked in ghee.
- Broccoli Cheese Dosa: A fluffy broccoli dosa with cheddar or feta cheese, tamarind chutney, and sambar.
Cost: Dosas at Annapurna VEGTN is averagely priced at $6.00 to $10.95.
What are you waiting for? Go try them all!