A Guide to Sell Indian Clothes Online in USA
From glitzy desi weddings to global runways, Indian fashion has become a worldwide sensation, and for good reason. People across the globe are showing an interest in exploring and purchasing traditional Indian wear, causing the demand for Indian clothing to skyrocket, especially in the USA. Whether it’s the beautiful silk saris, Rajasthani Lehenga cholis, chiffon ghagras, or intricately embroidered cotton kurtis, the love for Indian fashion is at an all-time high. For all those looking for a new business venture, this is the right idea to go with- “selling Indian clothes online in USA”. You have an expanding market, increasing consumer demand and a higher profit margin. So don’t let this opportunity slip away and let us help you get a deeper insight into how to sell Indian clothes online in USA. In this blogger we will share details about the top trending Indian products to sell in USA, tips on how to sell Indian Clothes Online in USA and where to sell Indian clothes online.
1. Which Indian Products are in demand in USA?All the desi living abroad would remember how a couple of years back, finding traditional Indian clothes in the USA was almost impossible, and even if you found a handful of pieces their quality was not up to the mark. With the digital advance, around the globe, sourcing Indian clothes, jewelry, shoes, and even handicrafts is as simple as clicking a button. However, when planning to Indian products in USA, it is important to opt for the one with the highest demand, which for now is ethnic Indian wear. While Indians in the US are constantly on the lookout for intricately designed sarees, embroidered salwar suits, and exquisite lehengas to wear during festivals, weddings, and other celebrations, foreigners are also keen to try out Indian fashion wear and embrace its unique aesthetic. And that’s why we’ve outlined a few different ways through which you can leverage the demand and sell Indian clothes online in the USA.
2. How to sell Indian clothes online in USA?Before you jump on to the bandwagon of selling Indian clothes online in USA, it is important that you have a proper understanding of the numerous ways in which you can achieve this. So whether you are planning to sell new Indian clothes, preloved ones, or maybe offer a rental service for traditional Indian designer wear, make sure that you opt for the right online selling strategy.
2.1 Setting up your own e-commerce storeWhen setting up an online business, in the current world of accelerated technological growth, it is pivotal to register yourself as an E-commerce business that sells Indian clothes in the USA. The steps are pretty simple. Just create your online storefront using platforms such as Shopify, Squarespace, or Magento Commerce, list your products, and then market them to potential customers. Thus, Setting up your own e-commerce store is an effective way to reach out to a global audience, improve customer experiences, and increase sales by leveraging the power of the internet.
2.2 Sell on Social MediaIn case you are planning to start a business selling Indian clothing, but don’t have a big budget to set up a store, social media platforms will do the trick for you. You can easily showcase your products to a wide audience online without breaking the bank. Also, what’s great about selling on social media is that you’re not restricted by any rules or regulations. Whether you’re selling gently-worn pieces, high-end designer ethnic wear, or affordable everyday desi outfits, the possibilities are endless. All you need is a killer social media page, some stunning product photos, and you’re ready to hit the ground running!
2.3 Register on third-party E-commerce platformsThird-party E-commerce platforms are marketplaces that host and manage smaller businesses for a fee. Over the last decade, the popularity of these marketplaces has skyrocketed, and for good reason. For instance, you can start by engaging with popular American E-commerce platforms like Amazon, Walmart, etc., which have a wide clientele of millions of global buyers and can offer more exposure to your budding business. Also, another reason why you should consider E-commerce platforms is that they handle all logistical operations (shipping, returns, refunds, etc.), allowing you to focus on marketing your products.
3. platforms where you can sell Indian clothes online in USAOkay! So once you have selected a suitable business strategy to sell Indian clothes online, the next big decision to focus on is to find the best places to sell Indian clothes. To make the task easier, we have listed the top 3 platforms where you can sell Indian clothes online in USA:
Website: Website: https://www.desiclik.com/DesiClik is one of the fastest-growing online Indian marketplaces in the USA. From ethnic clothes to accessories, handicrafts, jewelry, home decor, footwear, Ayurvedic wellness products, Bollywood DVDs, and Indian groceries, this store has it all! And this is what makes it one of the best choices for startups who are planning to sell traditional Indian wear in US.
How it works?To start working with this platform, all you have to do is create a seller account on DesiClick and activate it by posting a minimum of 15 products that you wish to sell. Once you have made a sale on Desiclick, you will instantly be notified via email, providing you with all the relevant information, including shipping address, time purchased, price, etc. You can wait for the payment to be processed and once confirmed, you can ship out the order and update the tracking number of the parcel. While the setting up cost is free, Desiclick charges 18% of the order total from American vendors.
Website: https://www.ebay.com/Since its inception in 1995, eBay has evolved into a household name in the USA, where you can buy and sell literally anything under the sky, including used items. The global online marketplace is best known for its B2C sales and auctions- making it a feasible choice to launch your new venture of selling Indian clothes in US.
How it works?You can easily set up on eBay for free and list the products you wish to sell. On this platform, you can either sell your items at a predefined rate or you can list them as part of an auction where interested buyers place bids. The item is then sold to the person with the highest bid. Unlike other Ecommerce platforms, eBay does not have a flat seller fee. It depends upon the price of the product being sold.
Website: https://www.etsy.com/If you’re looking to sell Indian outfits in the USA on a larger scale, then Etsy is your best bet. Empowering its sellers with a wide array of tools to streamline their listings, affordable fees, and informative tutorials on kickstarting, running, and expanding an online business, Etsy has firmly established itself as the premier platform for selling Indian wear in the USA.
How it works?From Indian sarees to Kurtis, salwar suits, and lehengas, you can sell all kinds of ethnic wear on Etsy. All you need is to sign up on their website, create an Etsy Shop, and list your first item for as low as $0.20. You can then add photos, thumbnails, and details about the outfits, such as the fabric, size chart, price, etc. While Etsy allows its vendors to add a shipping fee exclusive to the price of the product, they have standard transaction and processing fee.
- Where do Indians buy clothes in the USA?
- How can I source Indian clothes to sell online in the USA?
- What are the challenges of selling Indian clothes online in the USA?
- What are the steps involved in selling Indian clothes online in the USA?